Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lent

We are now fully ensconced in Lent--well, 'we' who are Christians are. I'm little late getting my act together on it this year. I came across a good idea on a friend's blog. He posted the Lenten readings his church has handed out.

This reminded me that the Presbyterians Today that came last month had a Lenten readings booklet in it that I pulled out and set aside. I've rescued it from where I left it and decided to do something similar to Patrick's post: I'm going to post the text of each day's meditation from the PT booklet, which is entitled "Praying Through Lent : With Heart, Soul, Mind, and Body" and written by Kristine A. Haig and can be purchased here.

So, to catch up, here is all of the first week, which is headed God be at my end, and at my departing:

Ash Wednesday
...You are dust, and to dust you shall return. (Genesis 3:19)
Prayer: I am dust, and to dust I shall return.

Thursday
Precious in your sight, O Lord, is the death of your servants. (Psalm 116:15)
Prayer: God our Creator, may we not fear death as an ending, but trust in it as a homecoming. As we remember those who have entered into their eternal rest and now live with you forever, may we be blessed by their memory and strengthened by the witness of their lives.

Friday
My days pass away like a shadow, and I wither like grass. (Psalm 102:11)
Prayer: Your love, O Lord, is from everlasting to everlasting.

Saturday
Lord, let me know my end and the number of my days, so that I may know how short my life is. (Psalm 39:4)
Prayer: May I be grateful all the days of my life.

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |