Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hospital trip averted

The phone rang at 1:45 this morning. It was the assisted-living place where FIL lives letting us know that when they checked on him, he was (my term) wack-a-doodle. Upon checking his blood sugar, it was 40 ("normal" for healthy people is supposed to be 100-120). The call was to tell us that and that they had called for an ambulance to come take him to the hospital.

Beast is out of town dealing with family stuff, so I debated and eventually called him. They had NOT phoned him so I woke him up (boo!) and we decided that I didn't need to go to the hospital.

That turned out to be a good thing because while we were talking they called his cell and told him that FIL was not going to the hospital; the EMTs had boosted his sugar and he was talking and refusing the hospital stay.

So, all good. Then he called my cell to reiterate that he was fine. So, I finally got back to sleep sometime around 4.

And woke up again at 7:30.

But I don't have anything huge to do today, which is lovely.

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |