Monday, June 14, 2010

Déjà vu

Five years ago, I wrote:
It's official: Sparky is in England. I'm not particularly freaked out, although I slept really badly last night. We got the call around 4:30 this morning that they had arrived safely, but I spent most of the night with one ear cocked for the phone (while wearing earplugs: what a dope).
Today, Sparky has been in Germany for about an hour, where the weather seems to be pretty much exactly the same as it is here today, minus our rain. We aren't expecting a call from anyone until they arrive at the school in the town where they will be based, which won't be for another couple of hours. I slept like the proverbial log last night. And I barely cried at the airport, only after Sparky couldn't see me anymore.

Viel Glück, mein Sohn, und Spaß haben!

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |