Saturday, July 9, 2011

No nerves

OK, so I have the new Blogger post template and it's extremely odd. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now it's just ... white on white.

But the main reason I decided to break radio -- er, blog -- silence is that I realized today that I've finally reached the point where I don't lie awake for a week before an 'event' and worry and plan and obsess and freak out about it endlessly. Tomorrow is Sparky's graduation party and despite the fact that we don't know if we'll have 30 or 100 people show up, I'm pretty much ok with where we are. I realized a few days ago that anyone who isn't on Facebook isn't going to come because I didn't do any invites outside of the Event posting there. I suck. And I'm ok with that.

And that's the weird part: I'm ok with things. We may need more food, entailing an emergency run to the store midday. We may not have enough chairs, or tables. People will just have to pitch in and get comfortable and hang out. I hope they are ok with that. I am. And tomorrow, I'll have to be aware of people who aren't quite sure of themselves. And, guess what: I'm ok with that too.

In other news, it's hotter than blazes, and we haven't had rain for a couple of weeks, so I'm really excited about the fact that the grass is CRUNCHY, like when I grew up!


[Side note: our creepy neighbor was arrested yesterday at his house. That's all we know, aside from refusing to leave his house until a warrant was issued, which took a couple of hours. I'm sure it'll be in the paper.]

1 thing(s) to say:

Patrick said...

It's cool to reach that point, isn't it? I'm definitely getting there, too. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's somehow easier lately to not get stressed.

I'd like to believe that I have some stronger faith that things will work out as they should, and that I'm learning to recognize what is and what isn't in my control. But whatever the reason, to a lifelong worrier like me, it feels pretty good!

By the way, you should break your blogging silence more often! :)

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |