Saturday, November 1, 2014

"Home"

I found this at Kwizgiver's blog who in turn found it at Live, Love, Work.
Home. I love that word--anyone who has lived in a happy, comfortable place must feel that way. At the best of times "home: is a haven, a safe place to relax and center the self. It isn't always so, never has been so for some.

My current physical-space-home is just perfect in terms of layout and comfort. I really love it. I've said that many times over the years. For the past five or so years, it hasn't always been a haven, or a particularly emotionally-safe place, but that is improving again. Still, there are times when all I want in life is to sit in my nest and block out the insanity of the world and be still. I'm fortunate to have a place to do that, a place that is warm, dry, pretty, quiet, stable, and otherwise full of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

My first home has been on my mind a lot lately, thanks to a family member spotting it on the market for a new owner. I miss that house. It was (is) a very good house, built by my dad with only one other like it in the world. My current house can't probably say that last part, but I think my dad would approve of it: the walls are straight, and it's well-constructed with some fun architectural details that don't get in the way of practicality.

Would I be just as happy in a tent? No. I'm never likely to say that. I like my house.

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |