Monday, November 16, 2015

This afternoon's playlist

...was surprisingly upbeat, with some interesting lyrical content tying it together ... and yes, it was fairly randomized.
  • "I can hold you, keep you safe until you fall asleep / Never worried..." Thinking About You - Calvin Harris, Ayah Marar
  • "Don't be afraid, you're not on your own" All the Way - Timeflies
  • "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right / Here I am" Stuck in the middle with you - Stealers Wheel
  • "Knocking me out with those American thighs" You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
  • "Just one look at you / And I know it's gonna be / A lovely day....." Lovely Day - Bill Withers
  • "I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear" Stand By Me - Otis Redding
  • "...there's just one, way back, and I'll make it, yeah" Santeria - Sublime
  • "There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation" One Love/People Get Ready - Bob Marley & the Wailers
  • "I heard the screen door slam / And a big yellow taxi / Come and took away my old man" Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
  • "Before you came into my life / I missed you so bad / I missed you so bad / I missed you so, so bad" Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
  • "I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva" Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
  • "When you believe in things that you don't understand, / Then you suffer" Superstition - Stevie Wonder
  • "Sing a simple melody / That's how easy love can be" ABC - Jackson 5
  • "...stop apologising for the things you've never done" Town Called Malice - The Jam
  • "And he drives an IROC / But he doesn't know who I am" Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
  • "I was a fool for you, from the bottom of my soul, yeah!" Shout - The Isley Brothers
  • "I'm beggin' please / Stop playin' games" Mercy - Duffy
  • "I'm a picker / I'm a grinner / I'm a lover / And I'm a sinner" The Joker - Steve Miller Band
  • "A beautiful bunch o' ripe banana ... / Hide the deadly black tarantula" Banana Boat Song (Day-O) - Harry Belafonte
  • "Like John and Yoko / Like Ice-T and Coco / Like Jay-Z, Beyonce / Come be my fiance" I'm Alive (Life Sounds Like This) - Michael Franti & Spearhead
  • "Those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd" I Want You Back - Jackson 5
  • "We all could make it a better way / With our love, put together / Everybody learn to love each other" Wonderful World, Beautiful People - Jimmy Cliff
  • "Three little birds / Pitch by my doorstep / Singin' sweet songs / Of melodies pure and true" Three Little Birds - Bob Marley & the Wailers
  • "Something's got me reeling / Stopped me from believing" Every Morning - Sugar Ray
  • "I'm on my way / I don't know where I'm going / I'm on my way I'm taking my time / But I don't know where" Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon
  • "Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me / Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" Just a Girl - No Doubt
  • "I may see you, I may tell you to run" Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
  • "I do a handstand, an eagle lands on my seat / Well hello, but baby, the kickstand ain't free" Downtown - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
  • "Te estaba buscando / Por las calles gritando / Como un loco tomando oh" El Perdón - Nicky Jam, Enrique Iglesias
  • "What would I do without your smart mouth / Drawing me in..." All of Me (Tiësto's Birthday Treatment Remix) - John Legend
  • "In a world of squares, maybe you're just round / You can't be everybody's cup of tea" Cup of Tea - Kacey Musgraves
  • "Tell me that you've got me and you're never gonna leave" Hold My Hand - Jess Glynne
  • "Let me be your air" How Deep Is Your Love - Calvin Harris, Disciples
  • "Do you think about me when you're all alone? / The things we used to do, we used to be"  I Could Be the One (Stranger) - Avicii, Nicky Romero
  • "I went from zero to my own hero" Roar - Katy Perry
  • "When you nod your head yes / But you wanna say no / What do you mean?" What Do You Mean? - Justin Bieber
  • "And we sang our song for the little thing" For a Better Day - Avicii 
  • "I had a dream so big and loud / I jumped so high I touched the clouds" Best Day of My Life - American Authors
  • "We found love in a hopeless place" We Found Love - Rihanna, Calvin Harris
  • "Will you be there by my side? / Standing strong as the waves roll over" Lean On - Major Lazer, MØ, DJ Snake
  • "We're talking to everyone / Come as you are, just come" Let's Go - Tiësto, Icona Pop
  • "I don't need to hear you talk the talk" Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
  •  "These are the days we won't forget / These are the days we've been waiting for / Rattle the cage and slam that door" The Days - Avicii

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |