Thursday, October 28, 2010

Randomosity

  • VERY cool Lighthouse library. It's decided: I want to live in a lighthouse, if I get a crate like this periodically.

  • Of course, nowadays, this site would work just as well if I were stranded alone with internet access (and no books) for months at a time.

  • I love this interchange (from here) primarily because I've had very similar ones at work:
  • Customer: “I need to make a copy of this key because the police need to use this one in an investigation.”
    Me: “Ma’am, this key is broken clean in half. I don’t think I can copy this.”
    Customer: “Well you see, the police are investigating into the helicopters and I need another key.”
    Me: “The helicopters?”
    Customer: “Yes, yes. They break into my car.” *picking up a flashlight from the checkout counter* “Oh! I wonder if this flashlight is helicopter proof.”
    Me: “Uh…I don’t know to be honest.”
    Customer: “Well. The helicopters always make things stop working suddenly.”
    (She clicks the flashlight on and off until suddenly it no longer turns on.)
    Customer: “Ah, there. Not helicopter proof. They’re in my veins, you know.”

  • This is a pretty good song. Thanks to Amy for pointing me to the person who found it.

  • One of my favorite library websites is this one. I've had a couple of these conversations over the years, which is why I frequently say (mostly only in my head), "PEOPLE ARE STUPID."

  • Fonts are important. The hat says so. Mostly, I just wanted to mention the hat again since I've been reading his blog for almost 6 years now.

  • And you wonder why librarians are crazy? Well, perhaps you have not been wondering that, but now you know why you should.

  • It's always great when friends talk turkey to one another in public, especially when one of them is an idiot.
That's all I got right now. Everything in my real life is so chaotic that this is the best I can do in terms of blogging.

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |