Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden is dead

...long live the war.

I'm worried about Beast as he travels across country today. And I'm worried about Ham doing his TSA work today and for the next few weeks.

And I do not like the fact that the crowds cheering last night bore a horrible resemblance to the crowds cheering outside the U.S. Embassy in Iran 30+ years ago.

As a wise friend of mine said on Facebook last night, "justice won't heal the broken hearted, how can't we see that?"

And then there's this:
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--John Donne

0 thing(s) to say:

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |