Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blog Challenge

I'm seriously sucking at this blog-every-day thing. Oh well. Here are the last three days' worth:

Friday was supposed to cover [My] Earliest Memory. The one I usually answer with is that I remember sitting on the couch in the living room writing in my mom's address book. Those scribbles, and the address book itself, were still around when I graduated from high school 15 years later. However, I do have some vague memories of the previous suite of living room furniture (prior to the couch on which I was sitting with the address book). I actually remember the earlier stuff mainly because of a nightmare I had back then that involved either monsters hiding behind it or the furniture itself turning into monsters. Isn't it weird that I can remember a nightmare from 45+ years ago?!


Yesterday's topic--Your Favorite Tumblrs--is easy. I don't actually use Tumblr for anything unless someone directs me to one. I don't see the point of them, actually, but then I've never been much of a photo/picture blogger. I do have a lot of favorite blogs. Most are over in the right column. Most of the rest, the memes, are in the sidebar on my memes blog.


And today is about [My] Views on Mainstream Music. Oy. This is a WIIIIIIIIDE-open question, isn't it? I have come to the conclusion that while I admire rap/hip-hop and don't hate it as a genre, I really don't get it. It doesn't, usually, speak to me. Doesn't mean I think rappers are awful people, and I'll sit through the good stuff, and I actually do like some of it...but most of it I can't relate to at all. Mainstream pop I don't mind--it hasn't changed much over the years; now we have autotune and EDM, 10-15 years ago it was boy bands and harmonizing, when I was a kid it was squeaky-clean bouncy bubblegum. I don't mind it, but there's a limit to what I can ingest. I have gone off heavy rock, and feel the same way about it as I do about pop: a little goes a long way. I'd link to my Spotify account so you can see what I listen to, but it's got my real name on it, so I'll just list the first dozen randomized songs on my Starred list (which currently has 314 songs on it):
  • Pumped Up Kicks (Foster the People)
  • When You're Gone (Avril Lavigne)
  • Ballroom Blitz (Sweet)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Lita Ford)
  • Meet Me in the Back (Melissa Etheridge)
  • Shooby (Nicole Mullen)
  • Rockferry (Duffy)
  • Good Life (OneRepublic)
  • Cry Baby (Janis Joplin)
  • Mouth Wedding (Transglobal Underground)
  • 99 Luftballons (Nena)
  • Authority Song (John Mellencamp)

2 thing(s) to say:

Kwizgiver said...

There are a couple of songs I don't know. I'm off to listen!

Cat. said...

Let me know what you think! :D

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |