Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog Challenge

I probably should have done this yesterday morning: I didn't get home last night until 10 and then was up and out of the house this morning at 6, so I'm (tah-dah) behind again.

Yesterday's topic was Your Views on Religion. I go to church fairly regularly, Bible Study weekly, have taught Sunday School for a kabillion years, and been a youth group leader. My family, except for my brother and two of my nephews, is also pretty churchy. So, you'd think I'd also be up in people's faces about God. Frankly, I'm more than willing to talk about God, but I don't shove my beliefs at other people. I don't mock other people's beliefs. It pisses me off when I see either of those things happening, especially if it's a professing Christian doing it. And honestly, if you do either of those things to me, I'm liable to get Very Cranky.

Today--doing an about-face--I'm supposed to write about A Time [I] Thought About Ending [My] Life. High school and college had a few bumps like this, but since adolescence has waned I haven't ever seriously considered it for more than fleeting moments on extraordinarily awful days. It's interesting that the person writing the questions makes the assumption that everyone would have actually seriously considered suicide. That's not to say I don't know how to do it; I do read a lot of mysteries. Beast used to joke about whether he should worry about me offing him, for heaven's sake, and we've been married for nearly 27 years. ;-)

1 thing(s) to say:

Kwizgiver said...

I like both your answers.

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |