Sunday, December 29, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge

5 Life lessons you learnt in 2013 (29th December)

I'm still working on internalizing and living most of these, but they are the ones that I had to keep going back to revisit because they are HARD for me.
  1. Detachment from drama is necessary. I've never liked drama, or dramatic people, but this year was a solid reminder that this is a wholly rational thing--drama isn't good for me.
  2. Babies' births are everyday miracles. I watched one arrive this year, and it's pretty unbelievable. Another addition to the extended family looks like it will be arriving any day now, and I'm beyond excited even though I won't be there this time.
  3. Grades in school do not indicate success in life. I hope. ;-)
  4. Say no and mean it, and then don't feel guilty about it.
  5. People, in general, are good and helpful and friendly. I think most of us have a much larger support system than we recognize, or utilize.
Click on image to play along

1 thing(s) to say:

Kwizgiver said...

What fabulous lessons.

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |