Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Whingey whinge McWhingester

I haven't been feeling great. Free-floating nausea since Monday, and I finally gave in and accepted that the stuffy nose all weekend is actually NOT allergies but a low-level summer cold. I left work early Monday over Miss W's objections to having "no one" to cover the hour I had left in the children's room; there were four people off-desk that hour, so WTAF, woman?

I worked all day yesterday, feeling cruddy and spastic from the meds I was taking to feel less cruddy. I had to leave at 4 to rehearse the initiation ceremony for P.E.O. and then went back to work. Since I was supposed to be on-desk for just that hour, Miss W. put me on the schedule for the next two hours after I got back. So, I traded one hour for two because....she's vindictive.

So today at 3:30 when I realized that I wasn't going to make it for 8 hours, I bypassed her and went right to the boss to say I was going home. It left us with a very light staff for the evening, but seriously I feel like hell. And I'm pretty sure I picked this up from Sparky last week, so I know it's contagious. Beast is at a workshop this week, and he was up all night last night throwing up. Fun times.

After getting upset yesterday about the scheduling thing yesterday, the last thing I wanted to do was go to my meeting, but I swung through McDonald's for a cheeseburger and forced myself to go. Thank God. Last night's topic was "Jealousy" so I didn't think I'd have a lot to contribute, but I'm glad I went. However, upon returning home, it became quickly apparent that getting up for 6:30 Bible Study was probably not a great idea. I was awake for a couple of hours in the early morning hours (3-5) as has become regular, especially this week. I finally dropped back off at 5:15 and woke up again at 8, got up, showered, had breakfast and headed off to see Dr. Patel to see about scheduling a sleep study. Beast informed me a couple of weeks ago that I'm snoring louder and louder and stopping breathing often. I did wake myself up last week sometime with a loud snort, so....yeah. CPAP here I come, yay, not.

From the doc, I stopped at Walgreen's for an Rx and cold medicine and then hit McDonald's, again, for lunch (a salad) which I ate in the break room at work. And then felt like death the rest of the afternoon...and still now. I don't think I'm going to work tomorrow, not unless I feel a helluva lot better.

I'm fed up, beyond that really, with work. Home is better; Beast seems to be working the program for the last few weeks. I'm trying to keep the focus on me. Sparky's got about 6 job offers, all non-chemistry things, but I think he's going to be ok. He's been a real help the last month around the house, and pleasant on top of the helpfulness.

Right. I've blogged. I've whined. Life isn't as bad as it feels right now....it could always be worse. But I'm simply not motivated to knock myself out about putting my hours in at work. That's another post. Maybe. Also whiney. So, enough. Time for some sort of stomach-calming food, and then bed.

2 thing(s) to say:

amy said...

I wish you well, in all ways. Wish I were nearer, because I think an in-person talk about work would be just the thing (for both of us). I miss you very much!

Kwizgiver said...

Sorry there is nothing I can do to help. I commiserate, however.

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |