Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry (belated) Christmas

...and happy Kwanzaa and Boxing Day.

Sparky and I are going shoe-shopping (for him) today, and we need some groceries. The shoes are part of his Xmas prezzies, but I don't buy shoes unless the wearer has tried them on. So...off we go, in a bit.

Meanwhile, I'll just write that yesterday was a most excellent day. Lots of very good presents for me, Beast and Sparky both seemed happy with their haul, and we didn't do ANYthing all day. Skyped with the Tennesseeans for a bit, noshed our way around the kitchen, I took a nap, we all played with our new toys and read and lounged. The Packers beat the Bears in the evening, and we all headed to bed feeling that all was right with the world.

Then I brushed my teeth and ended up with tiny pieces of molar floating around my mouth. Yup: broken back tooth, basically one of the cusps on one of my 12-year molars sheared right off. So, I get to go to the dentist this week (once they get their phones fixed--right now, I just get the 'out-of-service' honking noise when I call--and I can't eat any of the candy Santa brought, or much of anything else, really.

So, off we go to the store to distract myself from a mildly achy mouth. If this is the price I have to pay for a really superb day, I'm ok with it.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with no broken body parts.

2 thing(s) to say:

Kwizgiver said...

Sounds like quite a lovely day! No broken anything here in Maine, either!

Cat. said...

YAY!!!

Post a Comment

Talk it up now!

| Top ↑ |